WordPress 2.2 Released to all Bloggers!

Author May 16th, 2007 | Viewed 2,138 views

wordpress logo

Yes, it is official. The [tag]Wordpress 2.2 Released[/tag] the WordPress 2.2 Getz for download to all WordPress lover ;) Check it from Dougal Campbell.

Here in Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V format courtesy of Dougal Campbell : Geek Rambling:

* Atom feeds updated to Atom 1.0
* Preliminary support for Atom Publishing Protocol
* Widgets are now supported in core
* Protection against activating broken plugins
* “Deactivate All Plugins” button. [Sadly, my "Reactivate All Plugins" patch didn't make it into this release. Hopefully you'll see it in WP 2.3.]
* Improvements to comment management
* Code optimizations and speedups
* Future WYSIWYG support for the Safari browser
* Post Preview moved into a popup window, rather than an iframe on the Write page
* WordPress-specific XML-RPC API
* JQuery support

The List of changes in WordPress Trac.

10 Responses to “WordPress 2.2 Released to all Bloggers!”

1. 1
    lilian says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 4:39 pm

I upgraded dah! Within few hours of its release! On http://5xmom.com. Cun, the widget.

2. 2
    Azmeen says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 8:45 pm

I might be installing a test setup to see if the upgrade breaks anything on my setup.

If everything goes well, I might help you upgrade as well :)

3. 3
    lilian says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:43 pm

Eh eh, kan I dah posted? I early early dah upgraded dah. Easy peasy.

4. 4
    papaadmin says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 10:24 pm

Azmeen, thanks. I already downloaded it but have not got time to test it. so thanks if u can upgrade it.
    Lilian: Ohhhh you other blog… not in chanlilian.net. I keep looking everywhere.. so thats why u were told of the 2.2 released. LOL.

5. 5
    kuanhoong says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 10:48 pm

I heard there is a bug with sidebar widget. Hmm, maybe I should wait a moment

6. 6
    papaadmin says:
    May 17th, 2007 at 12:45 am

Im in the process of upgrading..not this one…the other blog. this theme should be ok for now. its all widget powered… built it myself :)

7. 8
    Alen A says:
    May 17th, 2007 at 9:35 pm

I’m goning to wait for my hosting provider to update it’s Fantastico. I think waiting till everything settles down is better. Remember the 2.1.12 hacked source?

Trackbacks

1. PapaJoneh.com » Family Busy Day With The Baby Saints Name!
  2. PapaJoneh.com » PapaJoneh is running Wordpress 2.2 But with Plugin and Ads Problem!
  3. PapaJoneh’s Little Knowledge » Wordpress 2.2.1 Upgrade!

You have anything to say? Leave a Comment here then :D

Please check your comment before committing to it. Pls remember, stupid comment deserve stupid answer too. You've been warned ;)

kosong aka blank